Careers at Pepperell Vet - We are hiring!
Pepperell Veterinary Hospital is a full-service animal hospital for dogs and cats. We welcome both during-hours emergency treatment cases as well as pets in need of routine medical, surgical, and dental care. Our licensed veterinarians have years of experience treating serious conditions and offering regular pet wellness care. Beyond first rate pet care, we strive to make our clinic comfortable and calm.
We are in need of an experienced veterinary technician or veterinary assistant to add to our growing team to help make sure all of our clients and patients receive the personal attention they need.
The essential duties of our technicians include, but are not limited to:
- Taking accurate patient histories, taking vitals, and preparing vaccinations for the doctors
- Maintain an on-time appointment schedule
- Preparing and filling in-hospital prescriptions and preparing outgoing prescriptions
- Animal restraint
- Assisting the doctors with procedures and treatments
- Monitoring patients and administering medications to patients being treated in hospital
- Collecting and preparing blood, tissue, fecal, urine, etc. samples for outside lab diagnostics
- Running in-house diagnostics (Idexx CBC, Catalyst, Snap machines, Sedivue, BG, etc.)
- Administering vaccinations and both subcutaneous and IM injections
- Placing of IV Catheter, IV fluid preparation, and monitoring
- Restocking and cleaning exam rooms and treatment areas
- Ordering laboratory supplies and informing when other supplies are needed
- Triaging patients both in-hospital as well as on the phone
- Maintain accurate patient records
- Explaining vaccinations, general pet care, estimates, post-surgical care, and prescriptions to clients
- Creating surgical estimates
- Admitting of patients
- Assisting with emergency procedures (including trauma, hit-by-cars, c-sections, etc)
- Assisting with humane euthanasia
- Answering phone calls when available to help reception, or assigned to help reception
- Assist with outside specialist physicians with various medical procedures including ultrasounds, etc.
- Perform suture removals, anal gland expressions, injections, and nail trims.
- Preparation and development of digital radiographs with proper safety regulations
- High School education/GED
- 1+ years of experience as a veterinary technician/veterinary assistant is a MUST(CVT not required)
- 1+ years of experience as a surgical technician is a plus
- Computer proficiency with Windows based computers (Cornerstone Veterinary Practice Management Software a plus)
- Exceptional problem-solving and multitasking skills (we are a very busy, face paced hospital)
- Exceptional customer care skills and compassion
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand a good portion of the day
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
This position will be a part-time position (averaging 10-20 hours per week).
Required days available: Monday evenings, Wednesday daytime, and a minimum of 2 Saturdays a month.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, religion, or any other status protected by law.
If interested, please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to PVH@Pepvet.com.